ATA’s premier economic planning resource, the Forecast profiles the current state of the entire freight transportation industry and provides an outlook for all modes during the next decade. This Forecast begins with a 2019 baseline and then projects, through 2031, the amount of tonnage to be hauled, the revenue collected from those volumes by mode, as well as retail truck sales over that period and the number of Class 8 vehicles in operation.
A sampling of data found in Forecast includes:
- Economic Forecast Annual Growth Rate
- Domestic Transportation Market by Mode – 2020
- Disposition of Freight by Mode – 2020
- Freight Forecast Summary – All Modes
- Summary of Primary Freight Forecast by Mode – Volume & Revenue
- Truck Volume Forecast: For-Hire & Private Motor Carriers
- Truck Revenue Forecast: For-Hire & Private Motor Carriers
With many companies making strategic business decisions over long time periods, ATA’s U.S. Freight Transportation Forecast to 2031 provides critical data for informed decision making. A long-term forecast is key to understanding where our industry, as well as all modes of freight transportation, are going.
Put data at the heart of your strategic decision making. Order your copy now!
* Individual-user PDFs can be opened on three computers or tablets.
** Group-user PDFs can be opened on 10 computers or tablets. Group-users will receive an email with group credentials to open the PDF.