The ATA Safety Management Council is the only national organization dedicated to advancing safe policies, practices and technology; and effective risk management and accident/injury prevention in the trucking industry. SMC also addresses trucking’s unique human resource challenges, health and wellness issues, as well as recruitment and retention strategies.
Who We Support
The Safety Management Council supports the ATA Safety Policy Committee, Material Policy Committee, and the Labor and Regulatory Policy Committee, providing knowledge and experience from industry safety and H.R. professionals.
2021 ATA National Truck and Industrial Safety Contest
ATA and ATA Safety Management Council members are encouraged to enter ATA’s 2021 National Truck and Industrial Safety Contest. Entry forms can be accessed here. If your company entered the contest last year, log in with last year's login information, click the name of the award you wish to enter and complete the form. If you are new to the online application process, click on the name of the award you wish to enter, set up your username and password and then complete the form.
Please note submissions are due by May 28, 2021. If you have any questions, contact Jacob Pierce at email@example.com or 703-838-1931.
- Professional affiliation with the only national organization dedicated exclusively to industry-wide motor carrier safety and loss prevention
- Answers to your questions on safety and human resources
- Quarterly magazine - Driven
- Access to online Membership Directory
- Industry alerts, including legislative and regulatory updates
- Awards and Image Recognition programs
- Accident Review Service to assist you with decisions concerning preventability
- Joint Initiatives with State and National law enforcement agencies and safety government initiatives
- Seminars, Conferences, Exhibits, Webinars, and Conference Calls
- Discounts of products, seminars, courses, conferences, and exhibit space
- Subscription to Transport Topics valued at $129.00
- Complimentary copy of Guidelines for Recording Vehicle Accidents & Determining Preventability valued at $31.00 and discounts on additional copies ordered
- Participation on Technical Committees and Working Group (e.g., Regulations Committee, Hazardous Materials Committee, Occupational Safety & Health Committee, Health and Wellness/Recruitment and Retention Committee, etc.)
|ATA Member||Non-ATA Member|
950 N Glebe Rd., Suite 111
Arlington, VA 22203-4181
Phone: (703) 838-1919
Fax: (703) 838-1965
For slides, presentations, documents,and other resources, access the SMC Community on ATA Connect.