The trucking industry is a vibrant source of quality careers for Americans from all walks of life. It is a place where individuals can find acceptance, belonging and personal success as part of the glue that keeps America running. Diversity is a major part of the industry’s current and historical success.
The purpose of the ATA Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Change Leader Award is to recognize ATA members who make a commitment to a culture of acceptance and belonging for their employees.
The goal of the award is to encourage innovation that supports continued improvement in the industry’s longstanding commitment to equal opportunity. The award also seeks to recognize those embracing best practices and operating in a manner that reflects a culture of acceptance and belonging regardless of size or experience of the member.
The award encourages ATA members to implement a DEI program or continue to improve an established company DEI program. The nominations will be critiqued on the ability to develop a program, improve an existing program and measure and benchmark a successful culture of acceptance and inclusion.
All members of ATA are eligible to apply for the award and are encouraged to do so.
To apply, submit this application and supporting documents below!
Award recipients will be recognized during a major ATA meeting. Recipients will be able to use the award logo in their marketing activities. Recipients gain the prestige of peer recognition for their efforts to embrace a culture of acceptance and inclusion. An outside panel of judges, led by ATA Industry Affairs, will evaluate the applications. Award recipients will be chosen at the sole discretion of the judges.
APPLICATION ARE CLOSED FOR 2022
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
- The 2022 ATA DEI Change Leader Award recognizes ATA members who demonstrate commitment to a culture of acceptance and belonging. ATA membership will be verified prior to judging.
- Please complete all applicable items and provide documentation to support the role of each in your program.
- Please submit an exhibit in a single PDF notebook electronically consisting of not more than 50 pages.
- ATA members are eligible to receive the ATA DEI Change Leader Award each year.
CERTIFICATION: I hereby certify that this submission accurately represents the culture of the above-named applicant, and that all information and documentation submitted reflect the same. Applicant also agrees to allow ATA to share examples provided by applicant as part of its best practices program and promotion of industry efforts in DEI.
REMINDER: Please submit an exhibit in a single PDF notebook electronically consisting of not more than 50 pages.
II. Organizational details
Detail how during the past year you implemented improvements to support your workforce opportunity
- Describe any leadership or business imperatives that support your efforts. Read More
- Establish your “Why”: Document how you implemented your purpose, vision, and created objectives. Read More
- Organization: How did you organize your team, with representation from key stakeholder groups. Read More
- Results: Describe the results your organization achieved in furtherance of your goals. Include, if applicable, specific metrics that were used to measure your performance.
III. PHOTOGRAPHIC SUBMISSIONS
Each image should have a caption describing the subject matter.
Submit no more than ten images.
Images should be submitted in .jpeg format.
IV. DEI RECOGNITION
Please list any outside awards or recognitions your organization received to recognize your commitment to a culture of
acceptance and belonging.
V. LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
Provide a minimum of two letters of recommendation from the following categories:
a. One letter from beginning level support staff position (Any category); or
b. One letter from your professional driving fleet (Motor Carrier); or
c. One letter from a mid-level support staff position (Any category).