Arlington, Virginia – The lineup of speakers and presenters has been unveiled for American Trucking Associations’ 2019 Economic Summit – the annual meeting where motor carriers gain valuable economic insights, market intelligence, and actionable data on shipper industries. Now in its third year, this one-day event convenes top economists from leading trade associations to give fleet owners and managers a comprehensive analysis of the entire supply chain and market trends.
“Over its first three years, we’ve watched this summit grow both in attendance and programming, which speaks to the value fleets are finding and taking away from this meeting,” said ATA Chief Economist Bob Costello. “Coming off a historically robust freight market in 2018, the trucking industry is now facing a series of tricky headwinds as ongoing trade disputes are slowing global growth and creating an uncertain economic outlook here in the U.S. Attendees will learn what to expect in the quarters ahead and how to plan their operations accordingly by hearing directly from experts from their customers’ industries.”
The 2019 Economic Summit will be held on September 23 at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, D.C. Speakers will include:
- Chad Moutray, Chief Economist, National Association of Manufacturers;
- R. Dean Foreman, PhD, Chief Economist, American Petroleum Institute;
- Patrick Manzi, PhD, Senior Economist, National Automobile Dealers Association;
- Kermit Baker, Chief Economist, American Institute of Architects; and
- Jonathan Gold, Vice President of Supply Chain and Customs Policy, National Retail Federation.
- In addition to the industry panels, attendees will hear from ATA President and CEO Chris Spear with an update on the latest legislative and regulatory issues affecting trucking. No other trucking industry event covers the breadth of economic factors in the ecosystem for motor carriers.
Motor carrier and private fleet managers can register to attend at trck.ng/econsummit.
American Trucking Associations is the largest national trade association for the trucking industry. Through a federation of 50 affiliated state trucking associations and industry-related conferences and councils, ATA is the voice of the industry America depends on most to move our nation’s freight. Follow ATA on Twitter or Facebook. Trucking Moves America Forward