34 Hopefuls Combine for 75 Million Safe Miles and 923 Years of Service
Arlington, Virginia – Selection is underway for the 2022-2023 edition of America’s Road Team, the American Trucking Associations’ elite team of trucking industry ambassadors.
“We’re excited to host the best of the best in the trucking industry this week as we narrow down to the final group. This will be our most diverse team of captains yet,” said Elisabeth Barna, ATA executive vice president of industry affairs. “America’s Road Team captains act as voices for the industry, a critical role as it becomes more and more evident how important trucking is to the economy overall and as a source of jobs.”
The 34 finalists are industry veterans, many of whom are state-level road team captains, national truck driving championship winners, and role models at their companies and in their communities. They have a combined total of 75 million safe-driving miles and 923 years as professional truck drivers.
With professional truck drivers hailing from coast to coast and from large and small carriers, the group of finalists offers a full cross-section of the 3.6 million professional truck drivers operating in the United States. A panel of judges, including trucking executives and trade press, will evaluate the finalists on their knowledge of the industry, ability to effectively express their thoughts on transportation issues and their overall safe-driving records.
The final round of judging for America's Road Team is scheduled for January 18-19. The 2022-2023 America's Road Team will be announced on January 19.
To be nominated to serve as an America's Road Team Captain, professional truck drivers must be employed or leased to an ATA member company. Each nominee should have an excellent safety record, and should demonstrate an ability to communicate his or her commitment to safety and passion for the industry. Nominees should also portray a positive image of the professional truck driver in all that they do.
Finalists for the 2022-2023 America's Road Team are:
- James Alvarez, United Parcel Service; Darien, Illinois
- Peggy Arnold, Yellow; Manchester, Tennessee
- Terry Bennett, ABF Freight System; Gainesville, Florida
- Bob Bramwell, ABF Freight System; Centerview, Missouri
- Michael Buck, Yellow; Moore, Oklahoma
- Teddy Butler, ABF Freight System; Hampton, Georgia
- Kevin Byrnes, United Parcel Service; Sparta, New Jersey
- Robbie Cottrel, XPO Logistics; Bedford, Virginia
- Jesus Davila, Werner Enterprises; San Antonio, Texas
- Ken Duncan, Walmart Transportation; Gorham, Maine
- James Ellis, Grammer Logistics; Erwin, North Carolina
- Lalo Fernandez, FedEx Freight; Battle Ground, Oregon
- Richard Frazer, Yellow; Rockford, Illinois
- Charlie Fuller, FedEx Freight; Pembroke Pines, Florida
- Ritch Fundell, FedEx Freight; Tonica, Illinois
- Salvador Gonzalez, TForce Freight; Ocala, Florida
- Darrien Henderson, J&M Tank Lines Inc.; Mobile, Alabama
- John Henderson, TCW Inc.; Lebanon, Tennessee
- Lloyd Howell, TCW Inc.; Birmingham, Alabama
- Gina Jones, Werner Enterprises; Peoria, Arizona
- Dean Key, Ruan Transportation Management Systems; Primghar, Iowa
- Glen Allen Kirk, Old Dominion Freight Line; Franklin, Indiana
- William Kling, Old Dominion Freight Line; Elliottsburg, Pennsylvania
- Jeffrey Mundis, TForce Freight; Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Scott Post, FedEx Ground; Maplewood, Minnesota
- Jeff Rose, Yellow; Creston, Ohio
- Ron Round, Pottle’s Transportation LLC; Enfield, Maine
- David Schroeder, FedEx Freight; Bellaire, Ohio
- Eric Stein, Werner Enterprises Inc.; Canajoharie, New York
- PJ Singh, Penske Logistics; Stockton, California
- Derrick Thorpe, TForce Freight; Rahway, New Jersey
- Bernard Wanyo, United Parcel Service; Newport, Pennsylvania
- Scott Wood, Penske Logistics; Shelby, North Carolina
- David Young, FedEx Freight; Charlotte, North Carolina
To learn more about the America's Road Team and view the team's biographies, visit the official America's Road Team webpage.