FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Sean McNally
October 2, 2016
Winners of Federation’s Top Awards and Competitions Recognized at Annual MCE
Las Vegas – Today, American Trucking Associations recognized the winners of some of the industry’s top honors as part of the annual Management Conference & Exhibition.
“This industry – from top to bottom – is filled with tremendous people worthy of recognition of the hard work and professionalism they exhibit on a daily basis,” said ATA President and CEO Chris Spear. “We pause to recognize their accomplishments, but also to honor some very special members of our community, individuals and companies that have gone above and beyond in the pursuit of excellence to earn the title of champion.”
Among those honored here today were:
· Mike White, a professional driver with Walmart Transportation from Nineveh, Ind., and 2016 Bendix National Truck Driving Championships Grand Champion;
· Eric Vos, a technician with FedEx Freight, Boise, Idaho, 2016 Technology and Maintenance Council SuperTech Grand Champion;
· ATA National Truck Driver of the Year Frank Calvert, a professional driver with AAA Cooper from Cullman, Ala. Calvert has more than five million safe driving miles in his 60-year career as a professional driver.
In addition, ATA also honored three fleets with the ATA’s President’s Award:
· Gorski Bulk Transport, Detroit, Mich., for fleets under 25 million miles;
· TCW Inc., Nashville, Tenn., for fleets between 25 million and 100 million miles and;
· Old Dominion Freight Line, Thomasville, N.C., for fleets with more than 100 million miles.
The ATA President’s Award goes to fleets who demonstrate innovative approaches to safety and go above and beyond to keep America’s highways safe.
ATA will be announcing its National Safety Director of the Year and National Safety Professional Award of Excellence winners at the Safety, Security & Human Resources National Conference & Exhibition, October 24-26, in Oklahoma City.
American Trucking Associations is the largest national trade association for the trucking industry. Through a federation of 50 affiliated state trucking associations and industry-related conferences and councils, ATA is the voice of the industry America depends on most to move our nation’s freight. Follow ATA on Twitter or on Facebook. Trucking Moves America Forward