CEO of Pottle’s Transportation LLC
Barry Pottle is President and CEO of Pottle’s Transportation LLC, which was founded in 1972. In 1988, after working for Pottle’s Transportation for 5 years, Barry purchased the truckload motor carrier company from his father and founder Clifton Pottle. Over the years, the company has expanded its business operation and currently has 180 trucks, more than 500 trailers and terminals in Bangor and Fairfield, ME, and Allentown, PA. Barry is also an owner and/or co-owner of five other companies, all of which involve the transportation industry, including a Volvo-Mack Dealership and a warehousing business.
Barry is currently the Chairman of the American Trucking Associations, the largest national trade association for the trucking industry. Through a federation of 50 affiliated state trucking associations and industry-related conferences and councils, ATA is the voice of the industry America depends on most to move our nation’s freight.
Barry’s commitment to improving the safety record of the industry is displayed by Pottle’s Transportation LLC's safety program garnishing numerous national safety awards and being cited by public authorities as an industry model.
His commitment and dedication to the trucking industry is shown by his continuous service to national and local organizations:
- Member and Past-Chairman of the Truckload Carrier’s Association
- A member of ATA since 1994. Barry has served on the Highway Policy Committee, Communications & Image Policy Committee, Nominating Committee, and as Chairman of Truck PAC. He has also represented Maine and other states by serving in various roles on the ATA Board of Directors and Executive Committee
- Member and Past Chairman of the Maine Motor Transport Association; currently serves on its Executive Committee, Board of Directors and is Chairman of the Maine Truck PAC
- Member and Past Chairman of The Pine Tree Chapter of American Red Cross
- Supporter of the Hermon Schools, Camp Jordan, Anah Temple Shrine, Cancer Care of Maine
Barry and Pottle’s Transportation LLC are proud to lead and participate in Wreathes Across America. Since the start, twelve years ago, Barry has helped haul the wreaths from Maine to Arlington National Cemetery. It is clear that his passion for the industry is infectious among others as the amount of trucks partaking in this honorable event have increased dramatically over the last decade. Barry was presented with the Founder’s Award in 2010 and the second annual James Prout “Spirit of Giving” Award in 2015. In 2019, Barry received the TCA Past Chairman's Award.
Barry and his wife, Suzanne, have been married for over 30 years. They have three children, Daren, Matt and Chelsea. Barry takes pride in the fact that his company is a local, family-owned and operated trucking company and is fortunate to have Matt and Chelsea employed at Pottle’s Transportation. They also have two grandchildren.