"Synchronizing Trucking's Finance and IT Business Practices" is the theme for this year's combined conference of ATA's Information Technology & Logistics Council and the National Accounting & Finance Council set for June 10-12 at the Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, La Jolla, California.
Regarded as trucking's premier forum for IT/logistics, operations, tax and financial professionals, this three-day event features 14 in-depth educational sessions presented by ATA's Information Technology & Logistics Council (ITLC) and National Accounting & Finance Council (NAFC).
Technical sessions are presented in two educational tracks covering topics ranging from truck routing software and sensor technology to federal and state tax issues for the motor carrier industry. Industry experts will be featured speakers and attendees are eligible to receive up to 13.5 continuing professional education credits (CPEs) conferred by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy. The event includes an exhibit spotlighting vendors with technologies that focus on streamlining trucking operations.
Educational sessions slated for this year's ITLC/NAFC Annual Conference include:
• "Geek Speak" ...an Open Dialogue on Today's Trucking Technology
• "Over the Fiscal Cliff": What Action or Inaction Means to You
• FASB, Multi-Employer Pensions & Today's Key Tax Topics
• Improving Carrier Performance Through Business Analytics
• State Tax and Government Finance Update
• Risking It All: The Cost of Ineffective Risk Management Programs
• The Pros and Cons of Hosted Applications
• Migrating from Consumers to Industry: Trucking Embraces Mobile Applications
• Accounting for Healthcare: Next Steps for the Affordable Care Act
• How to Work with Federal and Department of Defense Shippers
• Key Considerations in Choosing Wireless Plans
• CSA and the Coming Safety Ratings
• KPIs and Benchmarking Your Company's Financial Performance
• A Comprehensive View of Accelerating Your Company's Cash Flow
Featured speakers for the Tuesday and Wednesday plenary sessions will be John G. Larkin, CFA, managing director and head of transportation for Capital Markets Research and Annette Sandberg, CEO of TransSafe Consulting, LLC and CEO of Counsel with Scopelitis, Garvin, Light, Hanson and Feary.
In addition to a hard hitting slate of educational sessions, ITLC's working groups will convene during Tuesday's Tech Team Round Tables to discuss and develop industry best practices in the following subject areas: business process and integration; applications; wireless communications; architecture; and IT infrastructure.
Attendees are eligible to receive up to 12 continuing professional education credits (CPEs) conferred by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy.