FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Marsh Galloway
February 19, 2015
Kevin Tomlinson Named TMC General Chairman
South Shore Transportation Director of Maintenance to Lead TMC
Nashville, Tenn. – Kevin Tomlinson, director of maintenance, South Shore Transportation, has been elected 2015-2016 general chairman and treasurer of American Trucking Associations’ Technology & Maintenance Council during TMC’s 2015 Annual Meeting in Nashville, Tenn.
“Kevin has been a longtime and valued member of TMC and has been an important voice on the issues we work so hard on,” said Carl Kirk, ATA vice president of maintenance, information technology & logistics and TMC executive director.
Tomlinson, who served this past year as the Council’s vice chairman and chairman of meetings, replaced Dan Umphress, A&R Logistics, as TMC’s general chairman and treasurer.
“I greatly enjoyed my year as chairman,” Umphress said, “I want to thank my fellow TMC members for the opportunity and congratulate Kevin on his election.”
“It is an honor to be selected by one’s peers for a leadership position,” Tomlinson said. “I’m greatly looking forward to this next year as TMC chairman.”
Others serving as TMC officers for 2015-2016 include:
· Vice Chairman and Chairman of Meetings Doug White, Dunbar Armored;
· Chairman of Study Groups Glen McDonald, Ozark Motor Lines;
· Chairman of Membership and Publicity Peggy Fisher, TireStamp;
· Chairman of Associates John Adami, NW Heavy Duty Component Sales as well as
· Immediate Past Chairman Umphress and Executive Director Kirk.
· Allen Caldwell, First Fleet;
· Kenneth Calhoun, Truck Centers of Arkansas;
· Todd Cotier, Hartt Transportation;
· David Foster, Worldwide Equipment;
· Jeff Harris, Swift Transportation;
· Joe Stiache, Peco Foods;
· John Sullivan, Reliable Carriers; and
· Dave Walters, Alcoa Wheel Products.
TMC is America's premier technical society for truck equipment technology and maintenance professionals. TMC features a diverse membership of equipment managers, service-dealers, owner-operators, industry suppliers and manufacturers, educators, academia and others that support the trucking industry. TMC member fleets represent the broad range of industry vocations, including truckload, less-than-truckload, municipal, private, on/off-highway, construction and other operations. Find out more about TMC online at http://tmc.trucking.org/.
American Trucking Associations is the largest national trade association for the trucking industry. Through a federation of 50 affiliated state trucking associations and industry-related conferences and councils, ATA is the voice of the industry America depends on most to move our nation’s freight. Follow ATA on Twitter or on Facebook. Trucking Moves America Forward