FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Sean McNally
November 3, 2014
ATA Safety Council Honors Fleets, Safety Professionals
Arlington, Va. – American Trucking Associations’ Safety Management Council honored a number of fleets, safety professionals and a state association with awards at the group’s annual Safety and Human Resources National Conference & Exhibition last week in Orlando, Fla.
“Safety is ATA’s top priority,” said ATA President and CEO Bill Graves, “honoring the people who go above and beyond to keep our highways safe is one of the great things ATA does and I’m proud to congratulate all of this year’s winners.”
This year SMC honored:
· Becky Perlaky, executive vice president for safety, security and compliance at Kenan Advantage Group, North Canton, Ohio, as Great West Casualty Co. National Safety Director of the Year;
· The Colorado Motor Carriers Association with the Excellence in Safety Award;
· Usher Transport, Louisville, Ky., Dupré Logsitics LLC, LaFayette, La., and ABF Freight System Inc., Fort Smith, Ark., with the ATA President’s Trophy;
· Larry Bizzell Jr., manager of regional safety – southern region, FedEx Ground, Memphis, Tenn., as Meritor WABCO National Safety Professional Award of Excellence winner; and
· Carl Edgar Schultz, a driver with Davis Express Inc., Tampa, Fla., as Baldwin & Lyons National Driver of the Year.
“This year’s winners, and all our hard-working safety professionals have reason to be proud,” said SMC Executive Director Brian Lagana. “Every day, thousands of committed professionals are doing their best to keep our highways safe, but this year’s winners all have set an example for them to follow.”
American Trucking Associations is the largest national trade association for the trucking industry. Through a federation of 50 affiliated state trucking associations and industry-related conferences and councils, ATA is the voice of the industry America depends on most to move our nation’s freight. Follow ATA on Twitter or on Facebook. Trucking Moves America Forward