FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Sean McNally
October 3, 2017 703-838-1995
ATA Announces Speaker Lineup for 2017 Management Conference and Exhibition
Powerful Lineup of Industry, Government Leaders to Headline This Year’s Trucking Event
Arlington, Virginia – Today, the American Trucking Associations announced a powerful lineup of speakers to the schedule of this year’s ATA Management Conference and Exhibition (MCE), to be held October 21-25 in Orlando, Florida.
“MCE is the premier trucking industry event of 2017 – a chance for executives to hear from some of the most important government officials, key industry executives and other influential leaders about the state of trucking, the economy and the country,” said ATA President and CEO Chris Spear. “This year’s lineup makes MCE a truly ‘can’t miss’ event, and we look forward to welcoming thousands of individuals - CEOs, company executives, and industry partners who drive our industry forward - to Orlando.”
This year, ATA is pleased to welcome as featured MCE speakers:
· U.S. Transportation Secretary Elaine L. Chao
· U.S. Labor Secretary R. Alexander Acosta
· Lawrence D. Burns, consultant at Waymo, Google’s self-driving car subsidiary and former vice president of research and development at General Motors, discusses the convergence of technology and innovative business models to transform trucking’s future
· Werner Enterprises President and CEO Derek Leathers, ATA Chief Economist Bob Costello, and ATRI President Rebecca Brewster present “How Do Your Numbers Stack Up?”
· ATA President and CEO Chris Spear delivers his “State of the Industry” address
· Neil Newhouse, partner at Public Opinion Strategies and three-time awardee of AAPC’s “Pollster of the Year,” shares insights about public opinion on some of the industry’s hottest issues
· “Trucking Legends” panel featuring three industry icons - Charles “Shorty” Whittington, Grammer Industries; Dan England, C.R. England; John Smith, CRST with ATA Chairman Kevin Burch, president of Jet Express Inc.
· Elizabeth Smart, abduction survivor, “inspiring communicator of hope” and founder of the Elizabeth Smart Foundation
· Mark Jenkins, author of National Geographic’s “Beyond the Edge” adventure blog, award-winning photographer, speaks about strategic and intelligent risk taking
“These speakers, along with a full roster of educational sessions, an extensive exhibit floor, and our world class featured entertainment is going to make this year’s MCE an unforgettable and invaluable experience,” Burch said.
For more information, or to register for this year’s ATA Management Conference and Exhibition – October 21-25 in Orlando, Florida – please visit http://mce.trucking.org/. Media wishing to attend all or part of the event can contact Sean McNally, ATA vice president of public affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
American Trucking Associations is the largest national trade association for the trucking industry. Through a federation of 50 affiliated state trucking associations and industry-related conferences and councils, ATA is the voice of the industry America depends on most to move our nation’s freight. Follow ATA on Twitter or on Facebook. Trucking Moves America Forward