Please register for this live ATA webinar.
Blockchain Technology and Its Transformative Impact on the Trucking Industry, Hosted by ATA’s NAFC
Blockchain has been called the biggest advancement for shipping and logistics since the advent of the internet. Blockchain, typically associated with the digital cryptocurrency Bitcoin, is a shared digital ledger to record transactions across a decentralized network of computers, which prevents it from being altered.
In the past year, many companies, including IBM and UPS, have begun to explore how they can leverage blockchain technology, particularly its ability to increase accuracy around transactions and create encrypted, decentralized records on the fly. From proof of delivery to smart arbitration to cheaper payment options, blockchain could dramatically improve efficiency in trucking. Deloitte estimates that 10% of global GDP would be built on top of blockchain applications by 2025.
Because a blockchain is not owned by anyone and transactions along it are validated by the chain itself, governance is a major concern. The Blockchain in Trucking Alliance (BiTA) was founded in September 2017 to develop common standards and certification in the trucking and transportation industry.
Join us on December 14th at 2pm to learn:
- the fundamentals of blockchain technology
- real-world examples of how it could be used
- the potential impact on companies across the shipping and logistics sector as the technology continues to become more widely adopted
· Chris Burruss - President, Blockchain in Trucking Alliance. Burruss is a 25-year veteran of the trucking industry. He served as president of the Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) for 10 years. Prior to that he held positions as President and CEO of the Tennessee Trucking Association and Vice President of the Missouri Trucking Association.
· Daniel Pickett, CFA - Chief Data Scientist, TransRisk. Pickett has a wealth of experience in both investment analysis and evaluation of quantitative economic and market data. He partners with other leading economists across the trucking and transportation landscape to regularly publish insight and content on freightwaves.com and other media.
**NOTICE: ATA webinars are strictly educational for our members, and are not press events. The information contained in this webinar is not intended for, nor should it be used in, the production, editing or creation of news or analysis pieces. Participants are also forbidden from using them as background for published materials, white papers or other communications. Therefore, the contents of this webinar are strictly embargoed and off the record